Sandy Redfearn

A fervent heart ~ for God's presence. A teacher ~ with an ear for God’s voice.
A woman of prayer ~ with a prophetic message.
A Coach ~ with a passionate heart to awaken purpose.

Be Still.. I AM GOD.















Be still, and know that I Am GOD. Psalm 46:10

The command to "be still" comes from the Hebrew verb rapha
(meaning to be weak, to let go, to release, surrender).

We surrender in order to know that GOD is in complete control.
We give up trusting in ourselves and our own designs in order to experience the glory of GOD's all-sufficiency. Exd. 14:14
I find comfort in knowing!  Beloved, you will find comfort in knowing also!
I'm reminded of an old hymn with timeless truths as I read the words of the psalmist in Psa. 46.

  1. There is a place of quiet rest,
    Near to the heart of God;
    A place where sin cannot molest,
    Near to the heart of God.
    • Refrain:
      O Jesus, blest Redeemer,
      Sent from the heart of God;
      Hold us, who wait before Thee,
      Near to the heart of God.
  2. There is a place of comfort sweet,
    Near to the heart of God;
    A place where we our Savior meet,
    Near to the heart of God.
  3. There is a place of full release,
    Near to the heart of God;
    A place where all is joy and peace,
    Near to the heart of God.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Psa. 46:10

1 comment:

  1. http://www.waterbrookseekers.org/Quiet-Place-Designs.html

    ReplyDelete