Sandy Redfearn

A fervent heart ~ for God's presence. A teacher ~ with an ear for God’s voice.
A woman of prayer ~ with a prophetic message.
A Coach ~ with a passionate heart to awaken purpose.

SOUL CRAVE













“Satisfy (me) in the morning with your unfailing love, 
that (I) may sing for joy and be glad all (my) days… Psalms 90:14  


Deep within the heart or soul of every person a cry is daily being released…
a soul craving that refuses to be tamed, silenced, or conquered.   
It is a continual searching for the one thing that can quench the longings of a human heart and bring lasting satisfaction.

Often, the search for significance, destiny, intimacy, and meaning, keep us constantly
thirsty, and if I may…googling for something, somewhere, or somebody to put a stop to our souls cravings.


“I thought for a while that God could meet my needs and stop my soul cravings.
Now I know that isn’t the case.
My soul doesn’t crave something from God; my soul craves God.
 And by the way, so does yours.
That’s why everything else will leave you unsatisfied in the end. 
 Erwin McManus: Crave

Our God is a God of Love.  Therefore, His love is higher than ours.
In English, we have only one word for love, but in Hebrew, there are four.
In the Old Testament, the word for the love of God is Haceed.

      Haceed:  is an overwhelming desire to give of yourself to the other person,
                       for their benefit, no matter what it costs you.

The word haseed is normally translated as either love, mercy, or compassion.

Jesus sat at the well of Jacob in Samaria, in the middle of the noonday sun waiting for a women with an empty jar, so that her heart could be filled with haseed.

“Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:13,14.

Every morning Jesus sits at the well of our craving hearts, with an overwhelming desire to give us living water, to satisfy the longings, our soul’s cravings with His Love.

“How priceless is Your unfailing love!”  Psa. 36:7


Listen to internet radio with The Waterbrook on BlogTalkRadio

No comments:

Post a Comment