Sandy Redfearn

A fervent heart ~ for God's presence. A teacher ~ with an ear for God’s voice.
A woman of prayer ~ with a prophetic message.
A Coach ~ with a passionate heart to awaken purpose.

ARE YOU WAITING TO LIVE?

How often have we said “I’m waiting for the day when…?   
One day I’m going to go back to school.  Just you wait, I’m going to write that book or follow my dream.  One day I’m going to be happy again.  I’m waiting for the day, when things are going to change in my life.  I’m waiting for that day when doors will open for me.  Just wait; someday, somehow, sometime my day is coming. “

The sum of a life, if calculated using the average life span of 70 years, figures about 25,550 days.  If we are not careful we will spend a lifetime of thousands of days waiting for one day.  

Can life really be lived out in One Day?    The writer of James once wrote,  “Our life is like a vapor it’s here today and gone tomorrow.”  Our days are numbered and none of us know if we will get to “one day.”  Wouldn’t it be a dreadful loss if we never started to live and died waiting for “one day?”


The psalmist David, in Psalms 39:6-7, cried out from a place of sorrow and a perplexed
heart, “Lord, what am I waiting for?”

Goals are wonderful.  Visions are a must.  Plans are important for a successful life.  But don’t miss the rest of your life always looking for a day that may or may not come.

Seize the opportunities that a day affords.  Life is all about the journey.
So you received a degree or secured a high paying job, and you’re sitting in a place of success. That is awesome!  But my question to you would be,  “Tell me about your journey?”  The real secret to life is hidden in the journey.  It’s the incredible design of life.

Whether you are looking for the day to retire, or payoff a mortgage, or to build that beachfront house, or find the right mate, don’t miss this day.
Psalms 118:24 “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.


Go ahead and Live Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment