Sandy Redfearn

A fervent heart ~ for God's presence. A teacher ~ with an ear for God’s voice.
A woman of prayer ~ with a prophetic message.
A Coach ~ with a passionate heart to awaken purpose.

NEW BEGINNINGS

I can’t imagine that anyone with sight would need a calendar to remind him or her spring has officially arrived.  The white blossoms of the pear trees, the magnolias and the red buds, adorned in all their glory, seem to be prophesying of a NEW Season, and a NEW Beginning!

All of creation is trumpeting, “the season has changed.”  The echo of those ancient words spoken by a prophet by the name of Isaiah resounds in my ears, “Behold I do a new thing.”  

I’m always amazed to see those dried up flower bulbs I planted last year have miraculously survived the bitter cold and the snow of a dark winter season. They were buried and forgotten until one morning, I looked out of my window and discovered new life had burst forth in my garden.  

Two years ago on Thanksgiving my son’s kidney’s shut down.  The season had changed in our home.  Like the bitter north winds of winter it seemed to take our breath away. 
The new normal became dialysis three times a week with continual hospital visits.   Like those bulbs hidden beneath the ground we awaited the dawning of a new day. 

Buried deep within the heart of this mom I had planted the words found in Psalms 30:5
“Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.”
The other day I came upon a quote I had tucked away in a drawer.  Sorry I do not remember the author’s name.  “You will never achieve anything great in life unless you dare to believe that something inside you is bigger than the circumstances around you.”

 Those dreams might look like they have all but dried up, or buried beneath the failures and defeats of yesterday, but beloved, do not give up.  God is at work even in those long dark winters when everything looks dead.  Just when things seem the darkest there is the dawning of a New Day. 

Let me assure you that winter is setting us up for a spring!   Isaiah exhorts us in Isaiah 43:18 “Do not remember the former things, or consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall SPRING forth; shall you not know it?” 
God has not forgotten the seed of promise He planted in your heart.  There is a morning coming!  The miracle of a New Day is hidden deep within our winters.

With just a few weeks away from a transplant, on Easter Morning my son came into the living room and said, “Now mom don’t get excited but my kidneys are working.”  We called the Children’s hospital and his doctor said, “Well, I guess we have our Easter miracle.”   His kidney’s came back to life and two years later they are still functioning on their own. God still performs miracles.

Isaiah says God will make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.  Even those winter seasons brought about by our own sin, Jesus offers a new beginning.  “I, even, I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake.”

Spring declares “Behold I Do A New Thing,” offering us a new and living way in Jesus,
giving us a hope, a future, and mercies that are new every morning.

May you find hope, healing, and a New Beginning in this season.

2 comments:

  1. Katherine-Springfield.moApril 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

    I have been so looking forward to spring. It has been a long cold,dark winter. With faith I am believing God is at work even though I can't see any progress yet. Tnank you for reminding me of the seed of promise God planted in my heart. I need to remind myself that Jesus is the new and living way and gives us hope and new mercies every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man have I felt like I took some wrong turns in life, ending up in a dark and lonely place. All the while God was at work, and I was in the winter season of my life; the time when the seed must die so it can produce fruit. This reminds me of John 12:24 "Unless a seed falls to the ground and dies it abides alone but if it dies it brings forth much fruit". I now know, many times the very thing that feels like it has come to kill me actually holds the key to my fruitfulness. I am so excited about the Spring Season we have step into. What a powerful word!

    ReplyDelete